"El Arte por un mundo maravilloso"

sábado, 1 de diciembre de 2012

African Poetry

LEBO MASHILE

You and I


We are the keepers of dreams

We mould them into light beams

And weave them into life’s seams



You and I

Know life is not what it seems

We strip the fat from the lean

And find the facts in between

The visions we redeem

And the agony of choice

Yours is just a mind

And mine is a just a voice

But when we love

We love with a heat that would rise like a song in flight

On the flesh of our backs

If it’s love that we lack

Then we walk with the pain that we see

Love exchange that we spite

As we walk through indecision fading in fright

We ride the crest of intuition on the journey of this life



And by the hands of the infinite we hear the cries of the rest

Weighed down by their intelligence submitting to this test

But you and I

Push the boundary of reason

You and I

Plot the mystery of seasons

You and I

Paint this history to free men

Nothing can be stopped like you and I



You and I

We are the keepers of dreams

We mould them into light beams

And weave them into life’s seams

  SOUTH AFRICA

No hay comentarios.: